Alles over visa-conversies.
Plaats reactie
Martin Igelmann
Beginner
Beginner

Reliable VISA ignition sensors

Bericht door Martin Igelmann » do 19 jul, 2007 08:21

Hi all,
sorry for writing in English. (wäre Deutsch auch ok?)
My name is Martin Igelmann. I am from Hildesheim, Northern Germany.

Due to an engine swap of a VISA V06/665 engine into my FIAT 500 I had to deal with the *'&%@ ignition sensors.

Apparently sometimes the sensors tend to fail as soon as they leave their "natural environment". The failure of the sensors has been a subject of many discussions in the German 2CV forums.
My guess is that the sensors are "killed" by voltage peaks.
When I started to test the engine in the FIAT 500 these sensors made me mad!!. :twisted: Sometimes they worked for half an hour and then "poff": no function!

My solution was the use of industry proximity sensors that have the same funtion as the original VISA sensors. The industry proximity sensors however are much sturdier than VISA sensors. They are working at voltages between 10 and 35 volts. Their protection class is IP67.
The sensors I am using are from the German company ifm-eletronic in Essen.
Their designation is IE5099 / IEC3002 BPOG.

At the output lead I have put a 6V fixed voltage regulator (78xx, 79xx). Without this regulator the output voltage of the sensors would be around 11V.

The problem to use these M8 x 1 sensors in an VISA / 2CV enviroment would their small diameter (8 mm as opposed to the original 12 mm)
If you want to use them in your VISA/2cv you would have to search for M12x1 sensors. But then again you have to make sure that the timing is exactly that of the original sensors (attach marking at flywheel/housing with the old sensors before using the new ones).

In my case things were easier since I can move the position of the sensors in a slot of the adaptor plate. Perhaps you can manufacture something similar for the 2CV / VISA.

Afbeelding

A word concerning the idling switch off valve of the DMTC 32/34 WEBER carburetter: I replaced the valve by an M6 Allan screw of the same length.
In my case the valve was not working properly and therefore this was the second reason why I had troubles to start the engine after mounting it in my FIAT 500.

But for the rest: I have been using the industry sensors for more than 3,5 years now and have done more than 37.000 km with absolutely no problems.

Best wishes and sorry for the lengthy posting.

Martin
Laatst gewijzigd door Martin Igelmann op do 19 jul, 2007 09:03, 1 keer totaal gewijzigd.

backfire
Addicted user
Addicted user
Contacteer:

Bericht door backfire » do 19 jul, 2007 08:51

Hi Martin, first of all, your English is excellent, German would have been OK for me also, but for other readers I think English is more common.

I've been thinking about the IFM sensors too, good thing to know that you experimented with them and that they turn out to be working just fine.

The only extra weak point is the voltage regulator, allthough it seems to be working fine, I would prefer a resistor to lower the voltage.

Martin Igelmann
Beginner
Beginner

Bericht door Martin Igelmann » do 19 jul, 2007 09:39

Hi backfire,
thanks for your reply.
I am using a voltage regulator since it was the easiest way to lower the output voltage. I have also heard that is possible to lower the voltage with a help of diode. I am using a 1A 7806 voltage regulator. It looks like this:
Afbeelding.
It is a bit clumsy but as the proximity sensor produces a current of 200 mA I could not use the smaller 0,1 A voltage regulator.

Here is the Dutch data sheet of the IE5099:
http://www.ifm.com/products/de/ds/IE5099.htm

Basically any proximity sensor should work as long as it meets the specifications of the IE5099.

Up to now I had no problem with the computer. In my view the only weak point are the sensors.

Martin

Plaats reactie